Installing Avast Premium Security
This article applies to:
- Avast Premium Security 21.x for Windows
- Avast Premium Security 14.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
Avast Premium Security for Windows is a comprehensive security software that blocks viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats. Additionally, it protects you and your data against dangerous fake websites, ransomware, and hackers while you are online.
Avast Premium Security is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. This article contains instructions to install the application and either activate an existing subscription or start a free-trial period.
Install Avast Premium Security
- Click the button below to download the Avast Premium Security setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_premium_security_setup_online.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the top-right corner of the screen and select your preferred language. Next, click Install to proceed with default installation. Optionally, click Customize if you need to make changes to the default setup.
- Wait while setup installs Avast Premium Security on your PC.
- When the installation is complete, click Get Started.
- Select one of the options below:
- Activate: If you purchased Avast Premium Security before installation, select this option to start the activation process. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
- Start free trial: If you do not yet have a paid Avast Premium Security subscription, start a free trial to enjoy access to paid product features for a limited time period.
- Click Run first scan to start a comprehensive Smart Scan, which detects viruses, malware, bad browser add-ons, and other issues on your PC.
Avast Premium Security is now installed, but some components may not fully function until you restart your PC.
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up to date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 with Convenient Rollup Update or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions); ARM-based devices are not supported
- 1 GB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain application updates and the antivirus database
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall any previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC, then try to install Avast Premium Security again by following the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support and provide your setup log file. For instructions, refer to the following article:
For more information about features available in Avast Premium Security, refer to the following article: